Thursday 25 August 2022

New Gouache Minis

New Minis

"Sundown Serenade"- view in my gallery -  11 x 8 in - Gouache


I'd like to introduce you to a new series of paintings, "Minis" are the perfect size to fit into that small space on our walls that just need that little something special.
They also allow me the opportunity to experiment with some looser, more energetic paintings without being bogged down with the tighter detail of the larger paintings.
Which in turn allows me to explore themes and compositions that might in turn lead to a series of larger paintings.

After an evening with friends and  a curry from the beach cafe down on Barricane, a walk down to the tideline makes you appreciate the really important things in life. 
                                                            _______________________________________

 

"Curries and couples"- view in my gallery - 8 x 5.5 in - Gouache

This one was inspired by the very same evening that "Sundown Serenade" came from , as I walked home from the beach , I looked back down into the cove and watched the last of the curry diners enjoying their meals as others walked off their dinners at the tideline.

One of my favourite times of the day to watch the light play on the water and enjoy the long shadows on the beach.

 
Also available;

"Evening Serenity"

View in the gallery

"Heatwave"

View in the gallery

I hope you enjoy the new minis, it looks like Summer is about to turn up the thermostat again this week. Plenty of opportunity for me to get down onto the beach and get inspired by the summer visitors.

Have a fantastic week!

Best wishes as always,


____________________________________________________