Tuesday 12 July 2022

Eight Barricane moments that inspired me to paint.


If you know Woolacombe, then there is a very strong possibility that you will know Barricane. 
To many it is associated with the Barricane Beach Cafe's tasty Sri-Lankan curries.

Some love nothing more than getting down on hands and knees and combing the fine sand for rare sea shells. I always remember an old lady telling me years ago that the shells all washed up from the Caribbean on the Gulf Stream, and that you can use the letters of Barricane to spell it ( except that Caribbean has two "B's") but who am I to get in the way of a good story.
She was very convincing!

Curries and cowrie shells aside, it's a magical little cove that offers something special at any time of the year, and this latest collection of eight paintings illustrate exactly that.

From baking hot summer evenings to a chilly New Year's Day, and gloriously warm milky Spring mornings.


Click on this link and you can view all eight paintings. View the "Barricane Collection".

I hope some of the many different moments that I enjoy about Barricane Beach connect with you in this collection, I would love to hear from you about which ones you liked or brought back memories from special trips there in the past, or even the anticipation of trips to come.

Drop me a reply to this post with your favourites. I'd love to hear from you!

Have a great day!
Best wishes,